» Freon™ refrigerants solutions in Europe
Freon™ 39TC is a non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerant for R-12 in centrifugal chillers.
» Freon™ 39TC Case Histories
R-423A; A1 Safety Classification
- Centrifugal chillers designed for R-12
- Provides quick, cost-effective retrofit
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC
- Retrofit typically requires a single lubricant change to polyol ester (POE) without additional flushing
- Avoids expensive engineering changes to existing chiller equipment
- Enables cost-effective continued use of existing chiller equipment
- Can be topped off during service without removing the entire refrigerant charge
- Provides required cooling capacity and comparable energy efficiency vs. R-12
- Similar discharge temperature and pressure vs. R-12
Freon™ 39TC is a zero ozone-depleting substance (ODS) and, therefore, is not subject to phaseout under the Montreal Protocol regulations.
For most systems, only one lubricant change to POE during retrofit is required. Freon™ 39TC tolerates high residual levels of mineral oil in POE, and therefore, no system flushing is required after changing the original lubricant to POE. Refer to the Freon™ 39TC Retrofit Guidelines for more details.