» Freon™ MO79 refrigerant in the United States
» Freon™ refrigerants solutions in Europe
Freon™ MO79 is a cost-effective, non-ozone-depleting HFC refrigerant for replacing R-22, R-502, and HCFC-containing refrigerant blends in medium- and low-temperature commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration systems.
Refer to Copeland's Changeover Guidelines, which now include R-22 to Freon™ MO29 (R-422D) and Freon MO79 (R-422A).
» Freon™ MO79 Case Histories
R-422A; A1 safety classification
R-22, R-502, and HCFC-containing blends (e.g., HP80, HP81, R-408A)
- Medium- and low-temperature commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration, including:
- food service
- supermarket display cases
- food storage and processing
- ice machines
- Provides efficient, cost-effective retrofits--easier retrofit than R-404A and R-507
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC
- In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is required--compatible with traditional and new lubricants
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- 20% lower global warming potential (GWP) vs. R-404A and R-507
- Can be topped off during service without removing the entire refrigerant charge
- Provides improved cooling capacity over R-22 at many operating conditions with up to +15% at low temperature conditions
- Provides comparable cooling capacity to R-404A
- Field testing shows can provide improved energy efficiency vs. R-22
- Significantly lower discharge temperature vs. R-22; likely to prolong the life of the compressor
Freon™ MO79 is compatible with traditional and new lubricants—mineral oil (MO), alkylbenzene (AB), and polyol ester (POE)—in most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is required. Refer to the Freon™ MO79 Retrofit Guidelines and Copeland's changeover guidelines, which now include Freon™ MO29 and Freon™ MO79, for additional information.